Friday, August 23, 2013

Wonder Mill

The way I view food has changed. I'm trying to do more from scratch. And when I do buy things I look at the ingredients and try to think about the process a particular item had to go through to get to me. That being said, I still eat junk! I'm just eating less of it. Last year I started making almost all of our bread. I'm comfortable with that. I'll be more comfortable when we have an extra freezer so I can make and store more at one time. Until then, it's small batches! But I wanted to take the next step and start milling my own grains for flour.

Happy Birthday to me from my dad and Martha:



Now that I owned the "world's quietest mill" I needed grain. Two 50lb bags to be exact:



Then I read the directions and measured and filled it with grain:



While it milled I admired its quietness....and then, like magic, I had flour:



So cool! Now I mill and store it in the freezer so it's ready to go. The WonderMill is Wonderful!!!



 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment