Saturday, November 2, 2013

Shatto Dairy Field Trip

Jones had another field trip on Friday, to a family run dairy about an hour from Leavenworth. They sell to some local chain stores but we've never bought their milk. I usually go for organic, and we aren't "milk" drinkers, anyway. Except when heated and mixed with chocolate :) HOWEVER, this place was so much fun!!! They sell their milk in glass bottles, and they have a variety of flavors that they mix right at their little farm. Only milk from their cows goes into their products, and the cows aren't treated with rsbt. So I could feel good about the purchase I knew I was going to make!

The cows getting milked. They let the kids put theirs fingers into the pump
to see what it felt like.

One of the baby girls, born just 7 days ago. So soft and sweet!

Jones doing some milking. He was a pro after our experience on the
farm in Georgia.

The bottling process.

Their little antique truck. The horn mooooo's!

Boys being crazy on the ride home.


We got to sample all their flavors. They also sell cheese curd,
ice cream and butter. Yum! Our selections from left:
Strawberry, Cotton Candy & Root Beer
Sounds weird, but they were all delicious!
Additional flavors were banana, orange, coffee and a seasonal pumpkin pie eggnog.

No comments:

Post a Comment