This is what our movie nights look like with no couch and every pillow we own brought downstairs to make the movie bearable. This was our private showing of Percy Jackson & the Lightening Thief.
Well, I've been internally trying to figure out how I can get a couch in my living room PRONTO. Dave left Monday for training about 1.5 hours away. Some other wives and I planned a trip to Ikea yesterday. One has a small truck, so we figured between the 4runner and the truck, the couch could somehow be finagled to fit. Jessica, one of the wives, wanted a couch, too. But that won't be a problem, right? Ikea breaks stuff down for ease of transport.
This is what was waiting for us at furniture pick-up. Granted, I did change the couch model this visit, but an entire extra box? The wives and I have high hopes. We can work this...I mean, it's like a puzzle.
Mmmmm. Well. Let's see. After about 15min it's very clear that two couches will not fit in our vehicles. Jessica arranges to make a trip back the same day to get her couch. I breathe a sigh of releif. Yay! It was so close, I didn't think I could deal with having to take mine back in. Now, to be clear, Jessica still has government loaner furniture, so she isn't couchless. I wouldn't be that mean :-)
Our beautiful new couch!!! Which, I must brag, I put together ALL BY MYSELF!!! It's actually a dark blue/gray. I'm noticing it might look a little purple in the photo. But the best part is below.
The bottom pulls out almost like a trundle bed, but pops up to turn it EASILY into a bed, or a wonderfully comfortable movie-night couch. I feel like I hit the jackpot. Plus, it was 499 Euro, but we get taxes back (with our VAT form), so take 19% off, and that is a steal!!!
The premier of our new couch, and the movie The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. So big and comfortable.
So there is the story of the couch. Can't wait for Dave to get back and relax on it with us! I must admit it was worth the wait.






Hi Everyone! It's so exciting to see what you all are up to. I love the pictures! Ikea is amazing/stressful/omg would you look at this?!?!/exhausting. Good job getting the couch home, Keels. It's a winner :)
ReplyDelete